SPADEPOKER>POKER NEWS> Hossein Ensan: It is important…

Hossein Ensan: It is important to always be a gentleman at the table

Even though he has more than 13 million dollars in winnings, including the EPT title and winnings in the most prestigious tournament in the world, Hossein Ensan continues to remain modest and you can read more in the next one of our exclusive interviews!

You're a well-known name in the poker world, but try to introduce yourself to us anyway. What should we know about you?

"My name is Hossein Ensan. I am originally from Iran, but I have lived in Germany for a long time. So I'm more German than Iranian, I've lived there for more than half of my life."

Compared to most players, you started playing poker at an advanced age, you were already 39 years old. But you've been playing for a long time. How do you perceive poker now and what place does it have in your life?

"Yes, poker has changed a lot during that time. Now it is played in a modern way. It's not even the same as it was 3-4 years ago, it's evolving fast and always will. Before, it was mainly won without a showdown, positionally and with pressure. As for me, I try to play mostly in Europe and I go to America 2-3 times a year. I think I still play as often. In addition, I also have a family, I am busy with other things, so I devote myself to that as well. I have a wife, a daughter, a big house and a dog. Poker is not my whole life. It's about 25 percent, but with my soul and body! But there's also the other 75 percent of other life."

When you mention that you do other things besides poker, can you tell us what?

"I'm trying to win some money in poker and I'm investing in real estate."

How do you perceive the current situation surrounding poker in Germany and its surroundings? When I interviewed 50k Diamond Highroller winner Santhosh Suvarna yesterday, he told me that every time he comes to Rozvadov, he sees how poker is developing here.

"The whole world plays poker. Many big tournaments are organized, Triton, WSOP, WPT. But if we look at Germany, big tournaments are not organized there now. I don't know why, probably because of the rules and taxes. But there's a big poker room at King's Casino and it's close from Germany. I go here 1-2 times a year for these big tournaments like the WSOPE. I like it here, the staff is nice. "

Is poker still a hobby for you after all these years?

"Yes, I love poker, it's a great passion for me. It also taught me many things in life. For example, that one should try to make as few mistakes as possible. In a tournament, one mistake can lead to another, and it can cost you your tournament life. And it works the same way in life. You should always learn from mistakes and work on yourself, just as in poker as in life.

Do you do anything to keep in shape?

"I try to maintain myself between and during tournaments. I go to the gym, I try to sleep well. When I go to a tournament, I try to have other things resolved so that I can concentrate one hundred percent."

After the WSOPE is over, what are your next poker plans?

"When the WSOPE is over, first I will go home to sleep well, eat, exercise. By all means to prepare for the WPT in Vegas in December. I've already won the EPT Main Event, the WOSP and when I win the WPT Main Event it will be the triple crown. That's my goal, I'll try to prove it. It's a wonderful feeling for me to win tournaments, it's beautiful when one of the players is the best."

The way you talk about it, I get the feeling that winning is more important to you than money in poker.

"Of course the money is great, I'd be lying if I said I didn't care about it. But poker is a gentleman's game. Anything can happen in poker. You can have the best hand and get sucked. But you have to be able to accept it. When I'm playing my best game, I'm happy with myself. When I make a mistake and lose because of that, that's when I'm unhappy."

What advice would you give to young players who want to take poker more seriously and be successful?

"When I started playing poker around 2000, it was new in Europe. I was a civil engineer at the time. I wanted to earn more money so I could own something and see something. And it was possible in tournaments. I watched a lot of videos and tried to deal with good players."

Do you feel that you can still learn something from the young players?

,,All the time! I learn something new with every tournament, every game."

Is there anything you would like to add in conclusion?

"Everyone dreams of winning a big tournament like WPT or WSOPE. No one wins a tournament in one hand or in one day. For example, you need to play for five days and win it on the fifth day. I tell people it's important to always be a gentleman at the table and always play your "A game", control the pot. And what happens, happens. If you don't make mistakes, you should always be happy with yourself.''